What kinds of family law cases does Perales Law Firm accept?

We accept all family law cases, including divorce and separation, child custody and support, spousal support/alimony, adoption, domestic abuse, paternity, and more.

What is the difference between contested & uncontested divorce?

A contested divorce is one in which the parties cannot agree on the terms, therefore requiring a judge’s involvement. An uncontested divorce is the opposite, where both parties agree to the same terms and can potentially avoid appearing in court.

Do I need the help of an immigration lawyer to petition for a visa, green card, citizenship, or handle another kind of immigration issue?

Though you are not required to consult an immigration lawyer before filling out a petition or application, we highly recommend that you do. If you make mistakes, your petition may be rejected and you could face negative repercussions, such as deportation.

Can your firm help with my immigration matter if I am in Mexico?

Yes! We can arrange to meet you at a convenient location and provide the immigration law support you need.

What is the point of a civil litigation case?

Most people seek to collect financial damages from the responsible party in a civil litigation case. In other situations, someone may seek to settle matters pertaining to ownership, liability, or recognition.

How do I know how much money to ask for in a personal injury claim?

We can help you determine what is a fair and realistic amount of compensation to ask for in your personal injury claim. That being said, you generally want to ask for at least enough money to cover all medical expenses, lost wages, and account for diminished income-earning potential and pain and suffering.

Can I represent myself in a criminal case?

Technically speaking, you most certainly can represent yourself in a criminal case, but you definitely should not. Only an experienced and effective criminal defense attorney can give you the best chances of obtaining the outcome you want, such as a reduction in or dismissal of charges, plea deal, etc.

Is it a good or bad idea to speak to police about a criminal matter before retaining a criminal defense lawyer?

It is a VERY bad idea to talk to the police about a criminal matter before you have been counseled by a criminal defense attorney. If you have been arrested, are being investigated, or have been contacted by police in regards to a criminal case, contact Perales Law Firm immediately.

What are your hours of operation?

Our offices are open from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday. On Fridays, we are open from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. If you can’t make any of those times, call us to schedule an off-hour appointment with an available staff member.

¿Hablas español?

¡Sí! Nosotros hablamos español.

Perales Law Firm provides esteemed legal counsel for many cases, including those pertaining to family law, immigration law, civil litigation, personal injury, and criminal defense. Contact our El Paso office at (915) 493-2333 to schedule a consultation today!